You might be a classic rock fan if…
You might be a classic rock fan if…
1. You can identify every guitar you see by make and model.
2. You have season passes to the rock and roll hall of fame.
3. You’ve restored and STILL run your black 1970 Challenger with flames on the side,complete with 8-Track player and shag carpet.
4. You follow your favorite bands by VW microbus or motorcycle.
5. Any music you owned was on vinyl,8-Track or reel to reel or all of the above.
6. You’ve ever been in a Beatles vs. The Stones discussion.
7. You’ve ever argued the The Beatles were the king of rock and roll and not Elvis.
8. Long hair,floral design button-down shirts,bellbottoms and platform boots are your preferred fashion.
9. You say,”Groovy!” or “Far Out!” when enthused.
10. Most of your days off are spent at the poolhall playing pinball.
11. You saw God when you played Black Sabbath at 78 speed.
12. You idolize dead rock stars.
13. You can remember the exact date members of your favorite bands were born and when they died(HOW they died too),if they did.
14. You own more than one book regarding the history of rock and roll.
15. Your favorite restaurant is the Hard Rock Cafe.
16. You collect concert t-shirts from days gone by.
17. You own a baseball cap that says “Fog” on it.
18. You really believe Van Halen was better when they had David Lee Roth.
19. You own 5 or more copies of Circus magazine from at least 25 years ago and in very good condition.
20. You save newspaper clippings about rock stars’ deaths.
21. You remember when Alice Cooper and KISS were actually shocking.
22. The longer songs are,the better they are.
23. You admire music for guitar and drum craftsmanship.
24. You know that Led Zeppelin AND AC/DC both did a song called “You shook Me All Night Long”.
25. You remember when rock and roll had more than one sub-genre and it all didn’t sound the same.
26. You remember when FM radio was the ultimate escape from mainstream pop.
27. You were hoping to win the lottery when the white Stratocaster that Jimi Hendrix played at Woodstock went up for auction.
28. You bought it for the $1.5-million it went for.
29. Your three favorite movie soundtracks are-Joe Dirt,Free Bird and Howard Stern-Private Parts.
30. You remember buying record albums for the hit singles and you LOVED the album tracks even better.
31. _Stairway to Heaven_ or _Thank You_ were the songs at all 8 of your weddings.
32. You’ve been asked by the salesman to demonstrate guitar models at your local instrument shop–and you don’t even play guitar.
33. Your wardrobe consists solely of tour t-shirts from bands that formed over 25 years ago.
34. And you’re 12.
35. You’ve ever played in a tribute band for any group formed before 1980.
36. You were the lead singer for said group.
37. The last cd you bought originally came out on vinyl. And you still have the vinyl record.
38. You still have a working 8-track player in your home, and you buy 8-tracks for it.
39. You’ve ever created a shrine to the following drummers: John Bonham, Neal Peart, Peter Criss, Carmine Appice, Charlie Watts, Ginger Baker, Mitch Mitchell, Jim McCarty,
Ringo Starr, Chris Slade, Kevin Kelly, Keith Moon, Nick Mason…
40. You can name every single group in which the above drummers played.
41. Your baby could hum every tune from _Dark Side of the Moon_ before she could talk.
42. Ditto with Led Zeppelin IV (Untitled).
43. same with the Eagles’ Hotel California
44. You are aware that Chicago was a hard rock band before they were well-known for their sappy ballads.
45. You owned Boston’s debut album on vinyl AND 8-track when it came out and later on,bought it on cassette AND CD.
46. You can draw The Rolling Stones logo to complete perfection.
47. You can draw Rush’s logo to complete perfection.
48. You know the formal connection between Deep Purple and Whitesnake.
49. You know the formal connection between Deep Purple and Rainbow.
50. You can name BOTH bands Edward King was in.
51. You owned Foreigner’s debut album on vinyl or 8-track and you recently bought it on CD just to hear the bonus tracks not on the original.
52. You own every live album from every band you listen to or have seen in concert.
–(Women only) You’ve ever had a crush on Jim Morrison, John Lennon, or any other dead rock star, and you’re under 30.
–your favorite radio station is called “arrow”, “hawk”, “eagle”, or “fox”
–said radio station plays a block of Led Zeppelin every night at 7:00 p.m.