You might be a hipster if…
- You eat kale in a form that doesn’t involve cooking it down with some kind of meat fat.
- You buy clothes from thrift stores for a reason that isn’t purely financial.
- You live in a neighborhood that people two decades ago wouldn’t have walked through in broad daylight, but paid more per square foot than any other area of town would demand.
- By the time anyone else listens to a band, you’ve moved on because they’re “too mainstream”.
- You’ve gentrified every food that poor people used to enjoy before you made it “artisanal”.
- You’ve paid more for a hamburger off of a food truck than your average person pays for 3 pounds of ground beef.
- You line up for a half an hour for a food truck that charges more than a decent restaurant would for the same item.
- You’d pay 500 per square foot for a trailer just because it had wood exterior and a composing toilet.
- You wear glasses that maximize their presence by their shape or the thickness of their rims.
- You’ve ever dressed ironically.
- You seek out beers to drink that have nearly gone extinct due to their waning popularity (and questionable flavor.)
- You have a ukelele that isn’t a toy.
- You own a fixie.
- You are against virtually anything that is mass-produced, but always have the latest iPhone.
- You’ve spent more on Himalayan salt than normal groceries.
- You’ve tried to figure out how close to a vegan diet your cat can eat.
- You’ve retrofitted anything brand new with ancient technology that absolutely no one else uses (an 8-track in your Prius? Really?)
- You were hipster before it was cool.
This level is especially hard because you need to have less than two moves per anchor that you need to clear. You need to connect squares, but you need to clear ALL of the clear dots underneath anchors whenever clearing squares. So, on the left, start at the top of the clear dots and go to the bottom and then loop back for the square. You can clear the board without any boosts if you keep the clear dots our from under the anchors and clear squares in the same moves.
In week 1 using the Lucktastic app, I won 3,875 in tokens and $1.50 in cash prizes. Only one of those days didn’t have a daily bonus of tokens. At 130,000 tokens for a $50 Amazon GC, that total value is about $2.99.
In week 2 using the Lucktastic app, I won 3,478 in tokens and no cash prizes. Three of those days didn’t offer a daily bonus of tokens. That added about $1.34 in prizes to my total, to $4.33 (7,353 in tokens and $1.50 in cash).
This week, only 2,580 in tokens were won, including only two daily bonuses (400 and 350) in tokens. This added about 2580 tokens, or 99¢, to my total (9,933 in tokens and $1.50 in cash).
I never really expected this to be a big money maker, but there is a definite feeling that the “rewards” are diminishing as time goes by. At this point, I’m not sure I can tolerate messing with the app long enough to “earn” a $5 Amazon GC.
Make torpedoes in different columns from the top down and activate horizontal ones or pair them to get horizontal clears. It’s pretty easy to get stuck in situation where you’re clearing the same area repeatedly, so think ahead on this level because the moves go by quickly.
Start with moves up top that clear the most blocks/eggs at a time. Hopefully you can get a horizontal torpedo to clear the bricks. Always be pairing them if you can’t get one going in the right direction. You have 27 eggs to clear and 18 bricks even before you get to the bottom. The wider the swath you can clear, the better.
In week 1 of playing around with Lucktastic, I got $1.50 in cash prizes and about 3875 in tokens, including 1750 in daily bonus. If you are holding out for the $50 Amazon Gift Card for 130,000 tokens, that’s a total of about $2.99 in cash and tokens.
Week 2 had a few more days of “prize entries” instead of token bonuses… I only got 1550 in daily bonus and no cash prizes, and only 3478 tokens total, so the bonuses and prizes have slowed down a bit. And that’s with catching middle of the day and nightfall games.
Of course, all of this changes if I collect some larger prize. My question is whether I’ll keeping using the app long enough for that to happen.
Make sure you’re continually clearing ice until it’s gone. You have enough moves to safely clear the ice first and then the eggs. Just make them count.
Clear from the middle out and top down and make a cube powerup out of blocks that don’t change. You’ll be working on making two that combine to clear the board, so don’t mess up a second in progress as you’re making the first. After the full board clearing, you’ll still need to clear some bubbles. Hold out for cube + torpedoes and you should be good. I didn’t have any luck with simpler strategies on this level.
Start out focusing on moves that clear the most white balloons, because otherwise you’ll run out of moves to clear them.