You might be a fear factor addict if…
You say grace like this: In 3…2…1…GO!
You can recite Joe’s disclaimer at the beginning (the stunts you’re about to see…)
You’ve ever cooked with worms
you’ve actually tried to jump from building to building.
You’re used to the taste of buffalo’s testicles.
You stay under water in your freezing cold bathtub for as long as possible.
You tried to escape from your car.
While you were driving.
You might be a classic rock fan if…
1. You can identify every guitar you see by make and model.
2. You have season passes to the rock and roll hall of fame.
3. You’ve restored and STILL run your black 1970 Challenger with flames on the side,complete with 8-Track player and shag carpet.
4. You follow your favorite bands by VW microbus or motorcycle.
5. Any music you owned was on vinyl,8-Track or reel to reel or all of the above.
6. You’ve ever been in a Beatles vs. The Stones discussion.
7. You’ve ever argued the The Beatles were the king of rock and roll and not Elvis.
8. Long hair,floral design button-down shirts,bellbottoms and platform boots are your preferred fashion.
9. You say,”Groovy!” or “Far Out!” when enthused.
10. Most of your days off are spent at the poolhall playing pinball.
11. You saw God when you played Black Sabbath at 78 speed.
12. You idolize dead rock stars.
13. You can remember the exact date members of your favorite bands were born and when they died(HOW they died too),if they did.
14. You own more than one book regarding the history of rock and roll.
15. Your favorite restaurant is the Hard Rock Cafe.
16. You collect concert t-shirts from days gone by.
17. You own a baseball cap that says “Fog” on it.
18. You really believe Van Halen was better when they had David Lee Roth.
19. You own 5 or more copies of Circus magazine from at least 25 years ago and in very good condition.
20. You save newspaper clippings about rock stars’ deaths.
21. You remember when Alice Cooper and KISS were actually shocking.
22. The longer songs are,the better they are.
23. You admire music for guitar and drum craftsmanship.
24. You know that Led Zeppelin AND AC/DC both did a song called “You shook Me All Night Long”.
25. You remember when rock and roll had more than one sub-genre and it all didn’t sound the same.
26. You remember when FM radio was the ultimate escape from mainstream pop.
27. You were hoping to win the lottery when the white Stratocaster that Jimi Hendrix played at Woodstock went up for auction.
28. You bought it for the $1.5-million it went for.
29. Your three favorite movie soundtracks are-Joe Dirt,Free Bird and Howard Stern-Private Parts.
30. You remember buying record albums for the hit singles and you LOVED the album tracks even better.
31. _Stairway to Heaven_ or _Thank You_ were the songs at all 8 of your weddings.
32. You’ve been asked by the salesman to demonstrate guitar models at your local instrument shop–and you don’t even play guitar.
33. Your wardrobe consists solely of tour t-shirts from bands that formed over 25 years ago.
34. And you’re 12.
35. You’ve ever played in a tribute band for any group formed before 1980.
36. You were the lead singer for said group.
37. The last cd you bought originally came out on vinyl. And you still have the vinyl record.
38. You still have a working 8-track player in your home, and you buy 8-tracks for it.
39. You’ve ever created a shrine to the following drummers: John Bonham, Neal Peart, Peter Criss, Carmine Appice, Charlie Watts, Ginger Baker, Mitch Mitchell, Jim McCarty,
Ringo Starr, Chris Slade, Kevin Kelly, Keith Moon, Nick Mason…
40. You can name every single group in which the above drummers played.
41. Your baby could hum every tune from _Dark Side of the Moon_ before she could talk.
42. Ditto with Led Zeppelin IV (Untitled).
43. same with the Eagles’ Hotel California
44. You are aware that Chicago was a hard rock band before they were well-known for their sappy ballads.
45. You owned Boston’s debut album on vinyl AND 8-track when it came out and later on,bought it on cassette AND CD.
46. You can draw The Rolling Stones logo to complete perfection.
47. You can draw Rush’s logo to complete perfection.
48. You know the formal connection between Deep Purple and Whitesnake.
49. You know the formal connection between Deep Purple and Rainbow.
50. You can name BOTH bands Edward King was in.
51. You owned Foreigner’s debut album on vinyl or 8-track and you recently bought it on CD just to hear the bonus tracks not on the original.
52. You own every live album from every band you listen to or have seen in concert.
–(Women only) You’ve ever had a crush on Jim Morrison, John Lennon, or any other dead rock star, and you’re under 30.
–your favorite radio station is called “arrow”, “hawk”, “eagle”, or “fox”
–said radio station plays a block of Led Zeppelin every night at 7:00 p.m.
You Might Be From Chicago If…
1. You’ve ever had to switch from heat to A/C (or vice versa) in the same day.
2. You get extremely irritated when you hear people from other states pronounce the “S” at the end of “Illinois.”
3. Grocery stores have bags, not sacks.
4. You drink pop.
5. You’re convinced that the people who say you speak with an accent are crazy.
6. The names Stevenson, Eisenhower, and Kennedy mean more to you than just political figures.
7. You refer to Chicago as “the city” and to Lake Michigan as “the lake.”
8. You measure distance in minutes/hours.
9. You go to Indiana for fireworks.
10. You think people from Northwest Indiana don’t know how to drive.
11. You get pissed off at the people from Wisconsin who claim YOU don’t know how to drive.
12. Your favorite football teams are the Bears and any team that beats the Packers.
13. Every year at your neighborhood block party, a brawl breaks out over which baseball team is better.
14. You’ve ever used pieces of furniture (like couches, for example) to save your parking spot in the winter.
15. There are no such things as “freeways,” only “expressways” and “tollways.”
16. No cop, no stop.
17. The “L” is more than just a letter of the alphabet.
18. You know that there really is an East Side of Chicago, and it ain’t Lake Michigan!
19. You can’t tie your shoes, but you know the number for Empire Carpet (and the accompanying song) from memory.
20. When you hear the words “North/South Rivalry,” you don’t think of the Civil War.
21. You understand the significance of 708, 312, 773, 630, 847, and 815.
22. Everything south of I-80 is considered Southern Illinois.
23. You carry jumper cables in your car.
24. You know why they REALLY call Chicago “The Windy City.”
25. You can always spot at least one car running in a store parking lot with no one in it, no matter what time of year.
26. You have no problem spelling or pronouncing “Des Plaines.”
27. Your school classes were ever cancelled because of cold, whether or not there was snow on the ground.
28. Your school classes were ever cancelled because of heat.
29. You understand what “lake effect” means.
30. You know what goes on a Chicago Style hot dog.
31. “Deep dish” is the only kind of pizza you will eat.