Hot potato status update meeting game
Object of the game: Don’t be caught giving your status update when the potato goes off.
Rules of the game:
- A different person starts the status meeting every week.
- The random “Hot Potato” timer starts when the first person begins his or her update.
- When an update is complete, the person picks a random person to hand/toss the “hot potato” to.
- Repeat giving updates and handing off the potato until updates are complete or the hot potato goes off.
- If the potato goes off during your update, you must buy coffee and donuts/bagels/etc. for the entire team the next morning.
- If the entire meeting goes off without the potato going off, the manager buys the food.
- Interrupting an update means that you get to hold the potato next, or if you’ve gone already, until the person giving the update is finished talking.